Top 10 Tips for New Users:
Conferencing Tips for a Successful Conference
C3 Conferencing's integrated audio and web conferencing is a powerful tool enabling you to maximize your effectiveness when presenting information to an audience of hundreds or holding a collaborative meeting with your work team. For an efficient and effective meeting, plan ahead. In the conference notification, inform participants of the purpose, agenda and time limit for your meeting.
- Forward the Audience Invitation to each individual invited to attend for quick entry into the meeting.
- Dial in to your conference at least 5 to 10 minutes before the start time to be ready for your meeting.
- Distribute any documents ahead of time, or better yet, plan a web conference for sharing documents and applications.
- If a speakerphone is used, high quality equipment contributes to the success of the conference.
- It can be helpful for participants and speakers who are not actively speaking to mute their phone in order to eliminate background noise.
- Position the speakerphone so that all participants sharing the room can be heard. If a headset is used, ensure the mouthpiece is adjusted correctly.
- Start the conference with a roll call to confirm attendance and inform all participants of who is on the conference.
- Operator assistance is always available by pressing *0 on your touch-tone phone.
- Participants should identify themselves when speaking. When asking questions, address individuals by name to avoid confusion.
- Host and participants should avoid placing the conference call on hold if their phone system plays music on hold - the music will be played across the conference call. Use the mute key instead.